Among the four major seasons in the world, winter is one among them which is the coldest one. In some parts of the world, it is, even more, worse and severe colder. It is must in many regions to take appropriate measures to get rid off the problems created throughout the season. For this, we have to follow certain winter season health tips for our safety.
Healthy Precautions to be taken in the winter season:
Drinking a lot of water:
70% of bodies are made up of water so that we consume enough water daily basis to run. Drinking plenty of water is good for your body hydration. Drinking warm water in the winter season is better than drinking normal and cold water. Taking 3 to 4 liters of water per day is good for your body. In recent studies have found that drinking 64 ounces of water reduces the risk of developing kidney diseases. If you working in an air-conditioned environment and follow a sedentary lifestyle, you should not drink 2-2.5 liters of water per day. If you are breastfeeding drink 7-10 glasses per day, water reduces the risk of kidney stones, water gives good digestion for your food, water gives bonus energy levels to our body. Thus drinking lot of water has prominence in winter season health tips.
Winter Season Health Tips: Healthy Diet
Some of the fruits and vegetables as a part of healthy eating to be taken in the winter season are as follows.
There are numerous benefits of apple in winter season health tips and it is a miracle fruit. Apples are rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber, due to the presence of vitamin ‘c’ it helps the body to fight from different infectious agents, presence of fiber in this fruits helps to prevent cholesterol level in your body, vitamin-b in apple helps to maintain the RBC count as well as proper functioning of the nervous system in the body.
This is one type of food category which contains a variety of fruits with good taste that will make your fruit salad tastier.
Generally, citrus fruits may contain fruits oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits. In the presence flavoring in the fruits, as this class is highly beneficial in weight control as well as a good medicine in case of type-2 diabetes, as it maximizes the metabolism of the body.
Some other Healthy Diet Tips in Winter:
It is mainly available in the winter season. It is in vitamins and other elements, nutrient C is exceedingly favored in the event of regular cold or influenza, sweet potato can keep you from this basic ailment and furthermore nutrient D is highly needed by the human body to gain energy from the sun. Taking Sweet potatoes will helps in getting your daily requirement of sunlight that provides adequate. Vitamin-D to your body and also helps in preventing the stress over your body. Eating sweet potato is one of the best winter season health tips that also helps in regulating the function of your heart and neural system.
Dark leafy greens:
Leafy vegetables are helpful to gain energy as they are rich in iron and other elements. Similarly, leafy green vegetables are also helpful to brighten your Eye and memory power.
Carrot & Radishes:
Carrot is a good health supplement for the growth of blood. This is a good source of vitamin-A, minerals, antioxidants, and many more elements. Recent studies confirm that eating carrot daily not only in winter season helps to cure skin, lung and oral cavity cancers. It also helps to stop the growth of tumor cells within your body. It solves many health-related issues.
Dates are highly recommended in winter season health tips, which are enriched with vitamins, minerals, and fiber along with other health and wellness factors like oil, calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorous, manganese and magnesium. This fights with many digestion related problems including constipation, anemia, diarrhea and many more. It is also the important fruit that is capable to cure sexual dysfunction.
Sun exposure is very useful in the winter season, it provides vitamin D and also keeps warm and body active.
Healthy Skin: Winter Season Health Tips
- We should avoid taking regular hot baths or showers, during the winter season. Hot water can take out the oils from the skin and thus loses its moisture. Instead of that, we can use lukewarm water for shorter periods of time.
- If you take a bath, Adding a few drops of essential oil and few spoons of raw milk to the water can helps to moisturize the skin.
- We can also use pure cocoa butter after showering or bathing. Cocoa butter is also one of the natural alternatives to petroleum-based moisturizers. Applying the oils or moisturizer to the skin when it’s slightly dry. In that way, we can give moisture to the skin and keeps the skin healthy.
- It is necessary to Exfoliate the dry skin for every two to three weeks with a gentle body scrub so that we can remove the dead cells on the skin. There are also a few tips which are very natural. Grind one-half cup of pine nuts in a blender and mix it with two tablespoons of light oil. Rubbing the mixture all over your body in gentle circular motions, and rinse off.
- You should be aware of your skincare products what you are using and avoid toners and other products which contain alcohol because it can dry out the skin.